The Project Manager (PM-R), will be accountable for managing the safe and effective delivery of all projects from low complexity single discipline through to high complexity multi-disciplinary projects in order to meet client requirements to time, cost, quality, and performance. As an experienced Project Manager, you will have a sound understanding of the railway system and what is required to develop, design, build and successfully bring projects into service.
Accountable for delivery of complex projects or a portfolio of lower complexity projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the GCC/SAR Requirements applicable SAR company standards, current KSA legislation and GCC/SAR procedures including Regulatory guidance where appropriate.
- Support the Client Team in preparing and maintaining definitions of the project requirements.
- Lead and develop multi-disciplinary teams including commercial, programme controls, engineering, and others to identify solutions to client requirements and establish a robust baseline plan.
- Empower and inspire others to deliver successful projects
- Identify and monitor project risks (threats and opportunities), plan and implement mitigations to them, and respond to other issues that affect the project
- Implement and manage resource allocation plans needed for delivery of the project including identification and management of critical resource requirements. Secure resources needed for projects from internal and external sources.
- Engage with and lead stakeholder relationships including internal and external parties, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Demonstrable project safety management practice and knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and best practice. Experience with safety cases in support of projects.
- Positively influence the management of Health and Safety and principals of sustainability.
- Ensure that safety guidelines are reflected in the designs and rail infrastructure.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills all levels. This should include Customers; 3rd party representatives, other business & functional leaders and key support personnel.
- Successful relevant experience in a complex project environment including demonstrable experience in team management, planning, contracting and delivery of projects.
- Successful record of project budget management and ability to understand and interpret commercial and financial landscapes (budgets, forecasts, actual status).
- Experience in managing ambiguity in a project environment with strong evaluation and decision-making skills.
- Counselling and coaching Direct Reports and consulting in the selection and leadership of the project team.
- Monitoring Direct Reports performance, especially to ensure that the project outputs are subject to appropriate scrutiny and verification.
- Public relations for the project.
- Ability to compile the monthly report and use and develop appropriate forms of “dashboard” reporting where required.
- Can present intricate analysis to non-technical audience.
- Can present rational logic argument supporting means and methods for construction sequence.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline from a reputable University or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience, with 7 to 10 years on high value capital contracts.
- Ability of working under extreme climate conditions
- High levels of personal credibility and gravitas.
- Strong leadership ability with a dynamic mind-set.
- Strong cultural awareness.
- Demonstrable experience in the GCC Rail Industry Sector including Construction Design Management (CDM) and formal risk evaluation and assessment methodology.
- Detailed Knowledge of GCC/SAR, Commercial and Procurement regulations and practices.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- Formal qualifications in risk identification and assessment.
- You will be a team player and a self-starter with willingness to learn, challenge and get involved.
- Knowledge of GCC/SAR’s assets and how they are managed.